European Cooperation Projects 2022
Innovation Lab 2022
Strand or category
Small/Medium/Large Scale Cooperation Projects
Innovation Lab 2022
Cultural operator – who are you?
Name of organisation
Katarina Ceglar, [email protected]
private for-profit organisation
Scale of the organization
55 experts (ICT, Heritage+, Tourism 4.0)
Aims and activities of the organisation
Arctur, established in 1992, is an innovation specialist company working to inspire and empower cultural heritage organisations to reinvent themselves and co-create innovative cultural heritage products and services, contributing to a more sustainable and equitable future for the tourism sector in Slovenia.
Arctur has been instrumental in helping Slovenia to achieve its ambitious vision and become the leading European country in the digitally rich experience of immovable cultural heritage. Arctur's Tourism 4.0 has made this possible.
Tourism 4.0 (https://tourism4-0.org/) unlocks the innovation potential in the whole tourism sector by taking key enabling technologies from the Industry 4.0 (IoT, Big data, Blockchain, AI, VR/AR) and makes them accessible to local inhabitants, local authority, tourists, service providers and government to enable a co-creation approach to enriched tourism experience in both the physical and the digital worlds.
Within Tourism 4.0 special attention is given to the field of cultural heritage and designing digitally enriched experiences of cultural heritage, ranging from 3D scanning and modelling, AR/VR/xR, mobile and web apps, holograms, object recognition tables, as well as digital storytelling and digital strategies.
Outside of Tourism 4.0, We are actively involved in many other facets of cultural heritage related ICT, and is collaborating with several leading research and academic organizations from this field. We are equipped and provide services of data acquisition, from 3D scanning and photogrammetry of both movable and immovable items to aerial photogrammetry and multispectral sensing.
Arctur also has wider ICT experience in that they are main Slovenian commercial supplier of HPC (High-Performance Computing) services and solutions. We have own HPC
and Cloud Computing infrastructure to be used as the technological foundation for advanced HPC and Cloud computing solutions and innovative IT services in a distributed, high redundancy environment.
Role of the organisation in the project
Previous EU grants received
1) WEAVE - European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA)/2021;
2) Insites (E+)
3)TOURISM 4.0 for the Black Sea - EMFF Blue Economy 2018/2019
4) Amazing, Interreg Danube
5) Slovenian DICH project - Digital Innovation of Cultural Heritage, where in the last 2 years we digitised +100 units of heritage (museums, churches, cemeteries, etc.). The innovative, unique part of the project was to monetize - use these units and implement them into the creation of 5-star tourist products/experiences. This resulted in the creation of 30+ new unique, high-value tourist products.
Slovenia received the ECTN - Destination of Sustainable Cultural Tourism award 2021 for digital innovation of cultural heritage
You are warmly invited to take a look of our short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hPFhKiyYMU
6) EXPO 2020 in Dubai ICT part of the Slovenian pavilion and presented Heritage+ on the screens, VR/AR, smart tables, etc. https://tourism4-0.org/a-tourism-4-0-success-story-in-expo-2020/
40+ EU projects (Horizon 2020, E+, Interregs, etc.)
Proposed Creative Europe project – to which project are you looking for partners?
Sector or field
- Technology provider, digital innovation of natural and cultural heritage
- Connecting/networking various stakeholders from tourism/heritage/other sectors; in establishing the International Heritage+ center/hub
- Data analytics in Heritage+
Description or summary of the proposed project
- Education and training for the heritage sector and connected sectors (tourism); digital storytelling, digitization technologies (photogrammetry, laser scanning), digital interpretation technologies (VR, AR, xR, holograms, interactive screens, applications…) and interpretations of cultural heritage.
- Digital Innovation of Heritage (3D objects, etc.)
- Development of digital platforms
- Storage of large files (3D objects, etc.)
- "Policy" making/consultations; participation in the development of systematic solutions that promote the use of advanced technologies for tourism and cultural heritage
- One-on-one consultations on concrete examples of tourist products and cultural heritage in order to develop attractive experiences (including conducting "brainstorming" workshops, feasibility studies, preparation of technical specifications)
- Networking on EU level; creating holistic connections among different stakeholders in Heritage Huture center
Partners searched – which type of partner are you looking for?
From country or region
Have no preferences, e.g. all countries, that are eligible to participate in the Creative Europe Programme
Preferred field of expertise
Heritage sector, tourism sector
Please get in contact no later than
- For Cooperation projects as soon as possible – deadline 31. 3. 2022
- Innovation Labs, at any time – deadline Sept. 2022
Projects searched – are you interested in participating in other EU projects as a partner?
Which kind of projects are you looking for?
Heritage+, Data projects, Tourism, ICT, R&D projects in these fields