Zaleatro and Javier Montero
Strand/category: Cooperation project 2020
Deadline: December 2019
Cultural operator: Zaleatro and Javier Montero
Zaleatro is a children and youth performance company with a highly social and educational approach to theatre, music and dance. Their members share a background in pedagogical researches. Besides, they try to develop a rather contemporary and crossover language.
Javier Montero is a playwright and theatre director who has develop a highly original performance language.
Performance arts and theatre
We would like to take part in a Creative Europe project as a partner. We are looking for a leader, such as theatre companies, institutions, organizations, spaces, etc. that work with children and youth audiences.
We would like to develop a shared new performance and research project.
At the present moment, we are working on a new performance project in order to:
- Develop an artistic language mixing different mediums, registers, techniques, etc. from contemporary dance to acting, writing, improv, music and soundscapes, etc.
- Research on the impact of the mobile phones and social media on children and young people.
- Design a series of workshops in order to share tools and skills
developed during the work process.
- Develop new collaborations and partnerships.
- (with e.g. Context, Objectives, Impact/results, Activities, Targeted public…)
Countries: All eligible countries
Theatre and performance companies, Theatre and performance spaces, Cultural institutions, Educational institutions, etc.
We are performing our play “Esto no es un juego” (“This is not a game”) about bullying in many different schools and art centers in Madrid.